The Handiwork of the BPA Hit Man



By Wade Frazier


Dear Reader: This is a slightly edited diary excerpt from the early 1990s.  When I wrote the following pages, it was so emotionally draining that I stopped writing in my diary for six months.  I do not want to rewrite my work and go through the harrowing experience of rewriting.  The style is somewhat different from my writings today, and you have my apologies, but people are often curious about how Dennis' employee died.  This narrative best relates to this piece of this site. Here it is.

I have been asked more than once how Mr. Hit Man (I am writing about the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) hit man here) caused the death of one of Dennis' employees.  I will tell you about Mr. Hit Man, who was little more than a bit player in this tale, and show you how much could be written about all of it.

First off, his name is Bill.  Although I have never met him, he is about six foot seven and weighs about three hundred pounds.  I hear he is unforgettable to meet if only because of his great size.  Apparently Bill gained fame and credentials by waging a "battle" with an electric company over the right to produce hydroelectric electricity on his land.  He won and used it to give him credibility as a proponent of "alternative energy", and Bill told Dennis that through it he got to know people in the industry and found that working with them instead of against them was the way to go.

Was Bill's original "battle" with an electric company staged?  Or did he sell himself as a prostitute to the electric companies after his first encounter with them?  I don't know, but there is no doubt that his masters were and are the electric companies.  Bill admitted that he worked as a "consultant" for the electric companies, and Dennis says he can prove that Bill was getting paid by the BPA all during his several month vendetta against Dennis' company. 

During the middle of the electric companies' fervent, if anonymous, campaign against Dennis' company in Seattle, along came a man who gave his credentials and asked Dennis to hire him to smooth things with the electric companies.  Dennis had been around the block quite a few times by that time, and immediately suspected Bill for who he was, and Dennis' wife was also afraid to have Bill around.  Dennis hired him and told his wife, "Then let's not trust him.  But I'd rather have my enemy up close where I can watch him."

Bill worked for Dennis about ten weeks.  He didn't do anything productive for the company during his tenure.  But what he did do was try to befriend the company's key people, to place doubts in their heads about whether Dennis was really the man for the job.  Never mind that Dennis was the owner of a multimillion-dollar company that he built from a twenty-dollar bill eight months before.  During those ten weeks came repeated attacks from the media and the Attorney General's (AG's) office, working hand in hand.  During one particularly vicious, backstabbing attack by the AG, orchestrated during a business trip when Dennis was out of town, Bill started working in earnest to incite a mutiny from the inside, just as those on the outside were trying to breach the hull.

Dennis came back from his trip to a company in pandemonium.  He ran a full-page ad in The Seattle Times, submitted just before the weekend when it fortuitously ran under the weekend editor's scrutiny (and thus ran without being killed by the big wigs) that enumerated the crimes being perpetrated by the electric companies and the AG.  It created quite a splash and it backed up the AG several steps, people like him being taken aback when their victims fight back.

Dennis then called Bill in and sent him home for two weeks, with pay, to calm things down at the office.  Bill denied he was trying to incite mutiny.  He was sent home, understanding that he would be fired if he talked to any other employees during his stay at home.  Legitimately fulfilling the job duties that he had actually solicited to Dennis' company did not require contact with any other employees.

Bill knew he had been found out and kicked his campaign into high gear.  His job was to destroy the company, and he went to work in earnest.  The next day he contacted everybody he could who was related to the company.  "Let's just get rid of Dennis and I'll be happy to run the company, with the electric companies' blessings of course."  It was amazing, or maybe not, how many people bought those lies.

Two days after Bill was sent home he flew to the finance company that had financed Dennis' company to the tune of millions of dollars.  He used all his powers of persuasion to try convincing the financier to pull the rug on Dennis.  It shook up the financier.  Not everybody was completely fooled, and Dennis was still running a viable company.  Mutiny would come later, when the ship was sailing quite low in the water with gaping holes in its sides.

But Bill kept working on anybody and everybody he could, and eventually scraped together about a half-dozen misfits from Dennis' hundreds of employees, including one who appeared to be another electric company plant. 

Then Dennis' place of business started being broken into every night.  In a six-week period the factory and offices were broken into about thirty (30, not a typo) times.  The police eventually became tired of responding to the alarms.  Dennis' people found one door that was easy to jimmy, and ordered a special lock that took over a month to get.  Other doors were left open by anonymous employees, allowing easy access for the burglars. 

Documents would be missing from all the departments, critical phone equipment was stolen in one of the night raids, leaving the company without phones for two days.  During that time Dennis hired a security service to also see to the building's security.  

Then one morning at about six a.m. the security guard caught them in the act.  All the company filing cabinets had been dragged to the loading dock to be loaded into a pickup truck, a truck that looked just like the one Bill drove.  What a coincidence.  They tore out of there, peeling tracks in the snow.  That was a little too close for comfort.  That would have likely been the end of the company.  Dennis hired armed guards and offered a $1,000 reward for catching a burglar in the act - dead or alive.  That stopped the break-ins.  The company chained one door (only during the night, after hours) that kept getting broken into, then the fire department showed up the next day, responding to an anonymous tip, and pressed criminal charges against Dennis for chaining the door (eventually thrown out of court).

Units on the assembly line were being sabotaged.  Suppliers would get mysterious phone calls canceling orders for critical parts, or orders for things the company didn't need.  The IRS got an anonymous call telling them to jump on Dennis' back, and pronto, because he wasn't paying his taxes.  They called to come down and audit the company.  OSHA got an anonymous tip that the factory was in violation of safety regulations, and came for a surprise inspection that Dennis' company passed with flying colors.  The company received bomb threats.  Dennis had anonymous threats on his life.  I am not making any of this up, as hard as this may be to believe.

Bill was burning the midnight oil, earning his pay from the BPA.  One of the many dark deeds of the AG's office was to force Dennis into signing a consent decree, in theory settling their assault on his company.  I don't want to go too far into the detail of the consent decree and its background, but in essence the AG took four hundred of Dennis' customers hostage, and unless Dennis signed the decree, his company would be destroyed and the customers would be out $4,000 each.  It was all done in the name of protecting the consumer.  The decree admitted to no guilt of anything and said Dennis' company would do the things they were already doing.  It was a useless document.  But over the years the decree would be used many times by unscrupulous law enforcement personnel, district attorneys, media hatchet men, "skeptics" and other people as hard evidence Dennis was a crook.

One provision of the decree was that Dennis would provide a list of installed customers.  The first batch of names and phone numbers went to the AG.  Immediately the customers called Dennis' company, saying the AG's office had contacted them, and asked many leading questions regarding their satisfaction with their system.  They were told that if any of them wanted to get out of their contracts for their systems, the AG would be more than happy to make it happen for them.  Good old Big Brother, protecting the public.  Dennis gave the AG no more names of customers.

"Coincidentally" Bill and his dupes went on a campaign to get the customer list for "themselves."  One woman worked for one of Bill's misfits, Harlow, and had access to the customer list.  Harlow and Bill began working her over with lies, promises, assurances, etc., to get her to give them the information.  They did that with any employee who might be useful to them.

Bill started dating a married woman in the accounting department.  They were just good friends, the woman would profess, but she was stealing documents and giving them to Bill.  One day the woman was caught in the act of theft and signed a confession that she was stealing records for Bill.  Dennis went to the police with the signed confession, trying to get Bill and the woman arrested and charged with industrial espionage.  The police would have to "look" into the matter.  Predictably, nothing happened.  Dennis then filed a charge to have Bill arrested.  The police refused to accept the petition for arrest.

At about the same time a petition was filed in federal bankruptcy court to have Dennis' company declared bankrupt.  Guess who were the petitioners?  Bill and his misfits, of course.  When the petition was filed, Dennis thought it was a joke.  The company was in the midst of trying to install four hundred systems before the energy tax credit expired at the end of 1985, and they had hundreds of employees, not one delinquent creditor, inventory, orders, and cash.  Bankrupt?

The petition didn't have one legitimate creditor on it.  In fact Bill, through having the woman in accounting steal documents, was desperately trying to find legitimate creditors to con into filing with him and his dupes.  Failing at that, he and his dupes just made up things and filed their petition.  Bill, who worked ten weeks for the company, claimed he was owed $5,000 in vacation pay.  One salesman who had been overpaid and owed the company $12,000 was another filer.  His wife filed also, for thousands.  Another salesman (the other likely plant) who worked there less than a month claimed the company owed him $37,000.  And Harlow, the dupe who had been Bill's first treasured find in the company, because Dennis (deceptively) told Bill how valuable Harlow was to him, said the company owed him thousands in wages.  The Department of Labor had previously come to Dennis' company and audited the wages paid to Harlow, determining that he had been overpaid $2,000 by the company.  Dennis would loan Harlow money against his wages.  But by golly, Bill had assembled five "creditors", the minimum required to file the bankruptcy petition.

After knowing who the creditors were, who could predict this bankruptcy "petition" would be the blow that would eventually bring the company down?  The bankruptcy action put Dennis' company into a court it would never escape from.  The law was not even remotely on the petitioner's side.  But the electric company influence in Washington State apparently reached far and wide, clear into the federal courts.

(Dennis read this and informed me that the final deathblow was when his company was stolen, and that he was trying to maneuver around the bankruptcy action when it happened.  I can agree with that interpretation of events, especially as I was beginning my tenure with Dennis when those events happened.  The bankruptcy petition did strangle the company, but was part of an array of weapons that were being used.  The bankruptcy petition, along with the other blows, made the company of dubious value, and the thieves really did not steal all that much.  I doubt, and I believe that Dennis does also, that if he was able to dance around the bankruptcy action (which in light of the kangaroo court activities in Ventura makes it a questionable hypothesis), the electric company gangsters were going to wave the white flag and leave him alone.  I will grant that Dennis' interpretation is more informed than mine regarding those events, but see My Quest, pp. 134, 142, 150-153, which supports my view of events.)

There is a section of the bankruptcy code, called section 303 I believe, and I think it is under Chapter 11, which will allow 5 bona fide creditors to take advantage of section 303.  Bona fide creditors means creditors that have undisputed, proven claims.  Bill's buddies made their claims up out of the thin air, completely undocumented.  Can you imagine me and four of my family members making up stories and taking IBM into bankruptcy court?  I think under section 303 they had to also be owed over $5,000 apiece.  No wonder Bill was owed $5,000 in vacation pay.

The law was intended to protect creditors and the company.  Putting a company into a 303 situation put them into a bankruptcy holding pattern.  The company couldn't use its assets, but it also was shielded from its creditors.  In effect it acts as a de facto bankruptcy, with a future court date to determine whether the company was really bankrupt or not.

So Bill drug four people into court telling lies that had not one shred of supporting documentation, and asked for a bankruptcy motion the law says is expressly denied their breed of "creditor."  The judge (lawyer) says "Sounds great to me, motion granted."

For the next seven months the company slowly died, strangled by the inability to refinance, borrow, or do any financial maneuvering in the face of the other assaults the company suffered.  They tried to have the petition thrown out, but the judge denied it, aided by Dennis' highly recommended bankruptcy lawyer's inexplicable loss of ability to make one coherent and forceful argument.  I have seen Dennis' lawyers lie down and play dead more than once now.  They are coached (or threatened, or bribed) into that posture, unbeknownst to their client.  And do you think Bill came up with his 303 bankruptcy scheme all by himself?

Bill had been seen in the AG Hit Lady's (I call her Ms. Deputy Attorney General on my web site.) office more than once, but when confronted with that charge, she denied it, along with about a hundred other lies she told.  When the AG Hit Lady couldn't get the information she believed she was entitled to, Bill tried to get it by his more devious means.  Bill also had other informational needs, and wonder of wonders, A.G. Hit Lady gave Dennis' company a shopping list of documents she needed that was almost identical to the documents Bill was trying to steal.

On one of AG's shopping sprees, when they came to the company in hopes of making off with sacks full of documents, Dennis put the heat to them, and his in-house lawyer questioned the legality of the possession of the documents they already had on Dennis' company.  It worked, and the next day came a package to the company stuffed with the documents the woman in accounting had confessed to stealing for Bill.  Accompanying it was a letter from the AG Hit Lady, professing innocence and claiming no knowledge that she had possession of stolen documents (See The Alternative, exhibit 1F).  She said Bill's lawyer gave them to her, the Bill she had never heard of.

AG Hit Lady did not have nearly as much success in snuffing out Dennis' company as she was supposed to, and within weeks of the final confrontation she left her career with the Attorney General's office and got a job teaching at a law school.

With a signed confession of theft by the woman in accounting, and a signed letter from the recipient of the stolen documents (the Attorney General's office) stating receipt of them from Bill's lawyer, Dennis' in-house attorney (who later helped engineer the eventual theft of Dennis' company) filed a complaint himself to have Bill arrested.  The detective who received the request for arrest said he was legally obliged to accept the request from the lawyer, but they were so busy they probably wouldn't get around to arresting Bill for at least six months.  Bill was never arrested or even investigated.  He worked for the right boss.

Now we come to the death of Dennis' employee.  That happened soon after the break-ins stopped.  There was that woman I previously mentioned who worked for Harlow.  After Harlow was fired she became an important potential source of customer lists and other information for Bill.  She cooperated with them.  She became one of their spies and everybody knew it.  Also her attitude became a little overbearing, probably because her mind had been so poisoned by Bill and Harlow, so she had little respect for the company anyway.  Dennis' wife eventually confronted the woman with the charges, and the woman denied them, even though Dennis' wife knew she was doing it.  When the woman was confronted with the charges she became very fearful of losing her job, and begged not to be fired.

Dennis' wife struck a compromise, sort of like the deal Dennis gave Bill, except for the pay.  She was to go home and stay there for two weeks without pay.  If after two weeks Dennis' wife was convinced she had stayed away from Harlow and Bill and kept her nose clean, she would be welcomed back, with a new attitude, it was hoped.

At that point all Dennis and his wife knew was that an employee cooperated with those trying to destroy the company, and they hoped the discipline would straighten her out.  What they didn't know was that the woman had experienced a very difficult past that included drug and alcohol abuse, a recent divorce, a young daughter to take care of and the inability to keep a job for more than a few days or weeks.  She was living with her mother and viewed her job at Dennis' company as her greatest opportunity to pull her life back together. 

She went home properly chastised.  She refused all phone calls from Harlow and Bill, using her mother as a shield.  They tried everything to get to her, even trying to meet her at the supermarket.  She was terrified of losing her job.  She had held that job longer than any other, even though she had been there only a few months.  The two weeks were coming to an end and she was getting depressed, believing she might not get called back to work. 

On the last evening of her two-week suspension her mother had to leave the house and took the woman's daughter with her.  Harlow and "a very tall man with a beard and mustache" (Bill) came to her house with a bottle of whiskey in hand, and the woman answered the door.  That would be the last and greatest mistake of her life.  Although she had recently won her battle against alcohol addiction, in her vulnerable state Bill and Harlow got to her.

A couple hours later the woman called her sister, who's husband worked in the installation department for Dennis.  The woman was drunk and told her sister that "they" had convinced her that Dennis and his wife would never hire her back, that they were mean and were liars.  She told her sister that she gave Harlow and Bill what they wanted, and she wanted her sister's husband to give them information on the most recent installations.  Her sister refused to let her talk to the husband, and asked if she could come over.  The distraught woman sounded like she needed it.  The woman replied, "No, I'm just going to bed.  I'll be alright."

The woman's mother came home with her granddaughter, and the woman's bedroom door was closed.  Apparently she had gone to bed.  The next morning their phone rang.  It was Dennis' secretary, calling to tell the woman to come back to work.  The woman's mother got excited and said "let me go tell her", and taking her four-year-old granddaughter in her arms she went to the woman's room to wake her.  They opened the door to find the woman's brains sprayed across the wall.  In her despair she shot herself the night before.

Dennis knew nothing of the woman's problems and Bill even showed up at the funeral, spreading the rumor that she had killed herself because she had been treated so badly by Dennis and his wife.  Bill is an ardent student of the dark path, duly employed by the local electric agency to keep their electricity racket unchallenged by any change or competition.  Killing a person didn't slow Bill down at all.  I'm not sure people like him have what we would call a conscience. 

The electric czars owe a great deal to a great many, not the least of whom was the woman's daughter, who will likely be traumatized the rest of her earthly days.  Bill is one of the many people that have been sicced on Dennis over the years.  Mr. Deputy is another; Mr. Texas (the man who destroyed Dennis' company when he was arrested) is another.  Bill's story is not yet over.

Out of the blue the woman's family came to Dennis' office the week after she died.  Her mother and sister told Dennis the story.  When Dennis found out what had happened, he came to a whole new level of inspiration.  He became determined to at least go into competition with the power companies, who he believed were behind the actions that were taken against his company.  He sent an anonymous letter to the heads of the electric companies and the Attorney General, telling them they had "drawn first blood".  It was then that he decided to declare war against them (His "war" was "Project WPPEE" pronounced whoopee, which stood for Worldwide Privately Produced Electrical Energy.  See The Alternative, exhibit 1E.  It was actually Dennis' first "free electricity" idea, though he had no idea about what technology might be able to do it at that time.  I attended the WPPEE presentation that he gave at the Seattle Center on March 18th, 1986, the day Dennis hired me and the day before I began working for him.)

After Dennis' company was stolen, and the only man who could do anything was taken out of the picture, the thieves of the company got the bankruptcy case thrown out of court, with the judge recommending countersuing the pants off the original petitioners (he saw the light at last).  At the hearings to throw the bankruptcy case out of court, which I attended, and to finally see Bill being part of my motivation, Bill was nowhere to be seen.  The dupe petitioners had a "falling out" with Bill and were waging the petition on their own.  Bill had performed his job, the company was dead, and his dupes were left holding the bag.  I wonder if they ever realized how they were used to screw over their own lives and the lives of many others.

Bill disappeared from then on, to resurface years later when Dennis spoke at the Global Sciences Congress in Colorado in the summer of 1989.  When Dennis got out of jail in 1989, he had to sign in at the county courthouse every day for a year.  He never missed a day.  It was a form of house arrest that Dennis never got prison credit for, for another of the many oddities surrounding his case.  Dennis was invited to speak at the Global Sciences Congress in Colorado.  He asked and got the judge's permission to go there.  When Dennis arrived at the conference, guess who showed up?  Mr. Hit Man from Seattle!  He looked like he had been crawling around in the woods for years, which is what he does when not "on duty."  

Dennis conquered the urge to tackle Mr. Hit Man on sight and said "hi" to him without any increase in his blood pressure.  Dennis was willing to forget the past, but Mr. Hit Man was there on business.  When Dennis speaks at those symposiums, he is always the big hit because of his extraordinary speaking ability.  At the show after his big speech he had a smaller meeting of only a couple hundred people, to get folks involved with his project, as all the speakers there do.  Dennis' meetings are always the most popular.

Mr. Hit Man couldn't very well interrupt a meeting with several hundred rapt listeners, but at the smaller meeting he tried interrupting the meeting by shouting his clever and not-so-clever lies.  Dennis had him removed from the room, but he stood outside poisoning every person he could after the meeting was over.  Dennis later found out what Mr. Hit Man's angle was at that conference.  He corralled every person he could who looked like they were excited about Dennis.  One group was quite excited and Mr. Hit Man invited them out for lunch so he could tell them his experiences with Dennis.  He told them that he was a person who Dennis conned into investing in his company.  Mr. Hit Man's story was that he invested a small fortune into Dennis' business and Dennis never even tried delivering anything with it.  A sociopath like Mr. Hit Man can easily tell whatever lie suits his needs, but what was amazing was how easily others believed it.  They never even approached Dennis, asking him about Mr. Hit Man's tale.  They just walked away from the whole thing.  It was only years later that Dennis bumped into somebody from that original group who told him what had happened.

Also at the Global Sciences Conference was a sign up sheet for further meetings for those who were really serious.  Dennis always draws the most for those also.  On the day of the meeting nobody showed, and Dennis proceeded to find out why.  "Somebody" had written "cancelled" across Dennis' sign up sheet.  Dennis scheduled a meeting for the next day and the sign up sheet was similarly wrecked, with the names of those who signed up actually crossed out.  Mr. Hit Man went back to Seattle feeling good about a job well done.

When I originally wrote about Dennis' encounter with Mr. Hit Man, I thought the courts and electric companies conspired to sic him on Dennis the first time he was allowed outside of Ventura in over a year.  But in 1990 I joined the U.S. Psychotronics organization.  In 1991 they held the national conference in Dayton, where I lived at the time.  I worked at it.

The Global Sciences Congress is the old Denver chapter of the U.S. Psychotronics organization that split off and formed a new organization for reasons I don't know.  Both organizations are two of a handful of organizations that are pursuing the science of the future.  The conference I attended had some very impressive people there, as well as "flakes" (or as Beverly Rubik told me, "ungrounded people").  The organization explores: alternative medicine, energy, and farming; psychic phenomena, UFO's and a host of other disciplines.

The president of the U.S. Psychotronics organization thought for years that tales of FBI and CIA surveillance of their activities was so much paranoia, until the day he picked up his phone and heard a conversation he had the day before.  His call was being transmitted to the central recorder.  That also happened to my childhood friend at our Ventura company. 

There was a local chapter of the Psychotronics organization that I joined.  Wright-Patterson Air Force Base was nearby (home of Hangar 18, the Blue Room, etc.), and engineers from there also joined the chapter.  I was told that all of them were under surveillance by the air force, which is no surprise.

The power structure publicly ridicules/ignores the Psychotronics organization and similar organizations as a collection of flakes and fakes, better left ignored.  In reality they know they are the future of science and watch them very carefully so they don't upset the power structure by coming up with the solution to the world's energy, medical or other problems, and ruin their rackets.

I worked at the registration table at the national conference, and in front of me was the member list.  I referred to it to validate incoming registrants as members of the organization.  Guess what I did when nobody was looking?  I looked up Bill's name to see if he belonged to that organization.  Yep, there he was!  One theory down the drain and another, more ominous, one takes its place.  Bill's membership had just recently expired, he was slipping a little, but it was evident why he showed up at the Global Sciences Congress.  He likely joined all of the "new science" organizations, keeping his ear to the ground for his masters.

Like the provocateur that he is, he developed some “credentials” for himself before infiltrating Dennis’ company by “waging a battle” with an electric company to be able to produce hydroelectric energy on his land.  After he took care of Dennis’ company, he became a “noted Tesla researcher,” “investigating” the free energy possibilities of Nikola Tesla's work.  The man is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, but the “free energy” community readily accepted this man, believing him to be a fellow comrade in their quest for free energy. 

He read in the organization literature that Dennis was going to speak there, and he came running.  I don't know if his performance at the Congress earned him a bonus, or if it was all in the line of duty, and he was only reimbursed for his direct expenses of attending.  How many people like Bill are in the ranks of those organizations?  I can only guess, but I'll bet he is far from the only one.

That ends my tale of Bill the BPA hit man.  I have not heard of him since.


The Next Section: A Note to My Critics (73K)

Return to My Home Page (The address on the Internet of my home page is